Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is this really my life?

I thought I'd write in green in the spirit of St Patrick's Day tomorrow :)
Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted something!  These days I've got my hands full with an energetic puppy that I got around Christmas time (my Christmas present to myself!).  Her name is Sophie, she's a brindle boxer (the cutest you've ever seen!) and as of this post she is 6 months old (and 40 pounds!!!).  She has brought so much joy into my life I can't even believe it.  Just this morning, as I was watching her sniff her way around the backyard, I thought to myself, "Is this really my life? Or am I dreaming?"  I find it hard to believe that I am actually a lucky homeowner with a beautiful home and a pet owner with the sweetest puppy ever! (Wait until you meet her - you'll agree with me!)  I certainly wouldn't have guessed a year ago that this would be my life.  I feel so incredibly blessed!  Here is a picture of my Sophie basking in the sun in the backyard:


In other news, my good friend Pam came out at the end of February to help me tile my upstairs bathrooms, and the project is going very well...LOL  I say "going" because, well, it should have been finished a day or two after she left, but I have procrastinated with the grouting.  I finally grouted the small bathroom last night and will grout part of the master bathroom tonight.  Remember, I said that she came out at the end of February... :) 

Thank you to Pam for teaching me (and Matthew) how to tile, and thank you to my wonderful boyfriend Matthew for being our awesome tile cutter!  (Oh yeah, and to my wonderful patient neighbors who didn't complain when they heard the hammer drill or the tile saw going at 10:00 at night!)

Here's a picture of me tiling the small bathroom floor:

I've got more pics, of Pam and of Matthew, and I will take some of the finished product and post them here...when the project is finally complete! :)

Until then, remember God is good...all the time...God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment