Monday, September 27, 2010

Home Depot, My New Favorite Store

Hello!  Is it hot enough for ya?  I guess this is what we get for complaining that we didn't get a summer in San Diego.  Anyway, what about the house?  I haven't heard anything from the lender yet (still), but I did have some fun at Home Depot this weekend!  I have been to that place countless times with Matthew, and never have I had as much fun there as I did this past Saturday while I was browsing for carpet, tile and paint for my new home! (Sorry sweetie)  I found some good options for carpeting the master bedroom (only room in the house with carpet...gotta love that wood laminate flooring!) and I also found some good color options for painting the bedrooms and the living room.  If I don't have to, I don't really want to paint the whole house, so I'll wait until I see it without furniture before I decide which rooms get painted. It appears that the bathrooms will be tiled in Travertine - thanks Pam for the housewarming gift! :)

I also finished reading through my HOA documents this weekend...wow!  This community is like a little sub-culture.  People actually get fined for stuff and you have to get approvals to do anything to the outside of your house.  As one friend put it, "Welcome to HOAs!" LOL  Fortunately, the financials made the grade :)  I just better not ever consider owning more than 2 dogs while I'm here or wash my car at midnight. 

I think I'll go take a nice cool shower to cool off from this heat.  (If you're laughing because I'll soon be moving inland where it's hotter...I've got two words for you - Air Conditioning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment